Acquisition process for a new home:
Once you have decided to acquire a Voyer & Tremblay home, these are the steps you will need to follow until you take possession of your new residence:
- Signing of a preliminary contract and guarantee with your representative.
- Securing of official mortgage approval from a financial institution accredited by Voyer & Tremblay.
- Meeting with Voyer & Tremblay’s designer to make the exterior and interior design choices for your future home. Approximately two hours are required for this step.
- Meeting with the cabinet specialist to make your choices of kitchen and bathroom cabinets. This meeting must take place at most one week following the meeting with the designer.
- Meeting with the ceramic specialist to make all your ceramic selections. This meeting must take place at most one week following the meeting with the designer.
- It is possible to make two visits of the project site during the construction of your future residence. These visits must comply with the builder’s safety regulations and the construction industry’s Act respecting occupational health and safety.
- Contacting of the acting notary one month before taking possession to prepare the sale file.
- Setting of an appointment with the notary for the signing date of the notarial deed once the seller has confirmed the official date of possession of the property.
- Meeting with the project’s supervisor one week before the property’s delivery date for a final inspection of the property. This meeting involves a complete verification of the property to determine any adjustments and/or repairs that need to be done and the corrective work required, if necessary. Approximately two hours are required for this step.
- Transfer of responsibility from the seller with Hydro-Québec and Gaz Metro on the possession date of the property.
- Signing of the sales agreement with the acting notary and official transfer of the new home’s keys.